There are many resources out there to help with your job search! We’ve linked a few of them to this site and hope you’ll take a few minutes to explore them. If you need help along the way, just let us know. Send an email to KYVETS.
Here you can start the career you have always dreamed about or find one you've never imagined.
Let's start with finding the civilian job that best suits your military occupation code.
Now that you are familiar with what your military career looks like in the civilian world let's get started on your resume! Why is a resume so important? A well-written resume has the power to open doors, and it's a tool that lets hiring managers know that YOU are the candidate they've been hoping for. We have compiled a list of resume writing tips and services that will get you noticed.
Veterans Employment Toolkit
Kentucky State Business Opportunities
As the primary state agency encouraging job creation, retention, and business investment in Kentucky, the Cabinet for Economic Development works to attract new industries and assists existing companies to grow and expand. The Cabinet also provides support and resources for entrepreneurs, startups, and small business owners.
proudly owned by veterans, active duty, reservists, service disabled veterans and military spouses! Get your company's FREE profile and be seen by millions of fellow veterans, government agencies, prime/sub contractors, corporate purchasing departments and every day consumers strongly support businesses owned by those who proudly served/serve our great nation!
How to start a new business in Kentucky.
If you are thinking of starting a business in Kentucky, learn the official steps in making that happen. One-Stop Kentucky will assist in the Planning, Naming, Tax information, Zoning, and how to obtain an Occupational License/Permits.
U.S. National Security.
- Accenture Federal Services – Free Salesforce job training and career accelerator program for Active Duty, Veterans, and Spouses through the Salesforce Military Alliance.
- VetSuccess Academy – apart of the SANS Immersion Academy Program, 100% scholarship-based and no-cost to participants. Within six months of transition to NLT 10 years post-transition, no job history in Cybersecurity.
- SAS – Free e-learning courses, software and certification exams offered to veterans. Apply the code
- Changing Lanes – Caliber Collision's 18-week auto body technician training program at no cost to the transitioning service member, 100% paid by the company with job placement upon completion.
- With You With Me – Free courses for discovering career pathways, and job seeking resources.
- Breakline – No cost cohorts for veterans pivoting into the tech industry along with workshops, resume reviews, and interview prep.
- Workshops For Warriors – Schools for welding and machining for veterans with available scholarships.
- PsychArmor Institute – Courses at no cost to individual learners covering a wide range of subjects.
- Six Sigma Online – Free Six Sigma White Belt Certification
Job Skill Translation / Job Search
- LinkedIn – Free premium account for one year.
Job Search Platforms
Apprenticeships / Internships / Externships / Fellowships
- Act Now Education – Reliable resources for free courses, job searches, virtual jobs, as well as a retirement/transition checklist.
- PATRIOTlink – Resource database filled with thousands of vetted, cost-free resources.
- GuideStar – Non-profit organization research database with ratings of each.
- Armed Services YMCA – Programs for military families such as after-school programs, food distribution, thrift stores, and more.
- Boots 2 Business – Entrepreneurial education and training program offered by the SBA as a part of the Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
- PMI – Free courses and resources.
- Veteran ID Cards – Different types of Veteran Identification cards or designations, and how to apply.
- Support the Enlisted Project – Support for enlisted service members, transitioning service members, veterans and spouses.
- Veteran Resume EBook – National Veterans Foundation e-book on resume writing.
- National Veterans Foundation – Job searching, veteran resources, and support.
- First Command – Free financial advising for active duty service members.
- Space A Travel – Retirees and Veterans with 100% permanent disability ratings are authorized.
- Veteran Owned Business – Search for jobs, VSOs, discounts, and more by location.
- Blue Star Families – Programs, benefits, and resources offered to active duty and veteran families for their service.
- MilitaryOneSource.mil – Resources for service members, their children, and their spouses.
- Requesting Military Records Post-Service – Directions on how to obtain your military records post- transition.
- Veteran Training and Employment Programs with CISCO – Veteran Talent Incubation Program (VTIP).
- Vets In Tech – Bootcamps to prepare veterans for tech certification exams.
- Salute Heroes – Partnership with SkillSoft for courses with free Veterans Circle Membership.
- FDM Veterans Program – IT and business academies.
- Operation Gratitude – Free military care packages for deployed service members.
- Operation Shoebox – Free care packages for service members at home and abroad.
- Operation Not Alone – Free care packages to deployed service members.
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) – Resources available to active duty, retiring/transitioning, veterans, spouses, and caregivers including Lawyers for Heroes.
- Hidden Heroes – Resources for military caregivers and their families.
- HireVets.gov – An award for employers who hire veterans.
- Vettix – Tickets for sporting events, concerts, and shows offered to veterans and active duty service members.
- Veterans United – Understanding your VA Home Loan through the interactive VA
- Dogs On Deployment – Organization that supports deployed service members with volunteers to care for their pets.
- Ultimate Military Discount Guide – 2021, search by state or category.
- K9 for Warriors – Pairs service members and veterans suffering MST, PTSD or TBI with rescued and trained service dogs.
- Veterans Leadership Program – Housing, employment, supportive, and wellness service for veterans.
- Lone Survivor Foundation – Provides a no-cost post-traumatic growth program.
- Camp Resilience – Free 3-4 day retreat for veterans and first responders with extensive resources.
- Camp Patriot – Retreat for wounded or disabled veterans.
- Veteran Leaders – Free books on leadership to include e-books.
- Tech for Troops – Supplies qualifying veterans with refurbished computers with a fresh install of the Operating System (OS).
- Work Vessels For Veterans – Assist veterans with acquiring critical new or used equipment for their companies.
- Hope For Heroes – Recreational activities, and free sponsored events for military and first responders.
Recommended Lists and Articles