Veterans Programs


​The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs offers a wide variety of programs to veterans of our great state. Whether you're just out of the service or you haven't seen the inside of a uniform in years, our organization is dedicated to providing you with all of the benefits, services, and entitlements you not only deserve but have earned.

Take a look at the sidebar to your left to get more information about all the wonderful things the KDVA can do for you!​

New Veterans

US veterans return home to a difficult future | World | Breaking news and  perspectives from around the globe | DW | 08.05.2012

The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs offers a wide variety of programs for veterans just now returning from their tours of service, either abroad or at home. From help securing medical benefits to counseling and transitory employment programs, the KDVA should be your first stop when you're ready to return to civilian life.​

Homeless Veterans

The KDVA, in addition, offers a wide variety of programs to veterans who need assistance finding housing. Our award-winning programs connect veterans to the resources they need to stay healthy, happy, safe, and warm.

Donate to help end veteran homelessness now:

Through our award-winning KYVETS program, we work tirelessly to connect veterans with work opportunities that both play to and celebrate their unique and proven skillsets.

Women Veterans​​​​

The KDVA, in addition, provides specific programming and opportunities for female veterans. 

Contact Us About Our Veterans Programs

Example: 555-555-5555


2 Men and 3 Women stand in a group photo

Veterans Programs Coordinators​

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get a copy of my DD-214?

If you are originally from Kentucky or entered service in Kentucky the Military Records and Research Branch may have a copy. 

Military Records and Research Branch

1700 Louisville Road, Building 317

Frankfort, KY 40601

502-607-6041 | FAX 502-607-6040

 How can I get my Military Records, I.D. Cards, Home Loan Certificate and more?

 Visit National Personnel Records

I need a copy of my Medical Records or other essential documents

 Visit the National Archives 

How do I get my military records?

 Visit the National Archives.

How do I apply for a state job?

Go to

Click on "Find a Job"

Search by category, such as county, job, pay grade, etc.

Choose a job to apply to.