KDVA Homeless Veterans Program is a proven, successful program that gets homeless veterans off the streets and provides assistance to those at imminent risk of homelessness by connecting them with resources across the state. Resources include but are not limited to:
Immediate needs - food, clothing, access to shelter
access to homeless veteran providers
assistance with Rent and Utilities
A veteran's first connection should be with the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance. If Veterans do not have access to a phone or the internet, only then can they visit their closest VA medical center without calling in advance. For more information on VA's fight for homelessness, please visit their website.
VA Homeless Program
- Find your local VA Medical Center
What is Homelessness?
The veteran must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. An individual or family without a full-time or adequate nighttime residence.
2. An individual or family with a full-time nighttime residence that is not intended to be a regular place for people to sleep, including a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station, airport, or camping ground.
3. An individual or family living in a shelter (including a hotel or motel) designated as a temporary living arrangement.
4. An individual residing in a place not meant for human habitation or exiting an institution where they temporarily resided.
5. An individual or family will imminently lose their housing, including housing they own, rent, or live in without paying rent or are sharing with others, as well as rooms in hotels or motels.
6. An individual or family who is fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or other dangerous or life-threatening conditions in their current housing situation.
Contact Us About Homeless Veterans