As of September 2016, there were approximately 302,000 veterans living in Kentucky. Of those:
- About 11,000 served during World War II
- About 24,000 served during the Korean War
- About 106,000 served during the Vietnam War
- About 100,000 served during the Gulf War
- About 71,000 served during peacetime
- About 281,000 are men
- About 21,000 are women
Federal VA Expenditures in Kentucky, FY 2017
Federal VA expenditures in Kentucky totaled $2.6 billion in the 2017 fiscal year.
That is a significant contribution to Kentucky's economy.
The most populated age group of living veterans in Kentucky is between 60 and 69.
Compensation and Pension Paid to Kentucky Veterans 2012 to 2017
Compensation and Pension paid by the federal VA to Kentucky veterans
has grown significantly, reflecting efforts of KDVA staff to ensure all Kentucky
veterans receive the benefits they have earned.