A waiver of tuition is an education benefit provided by the Commonwealth of Kentucky in recognition of military service of certain Kentucky veterans. The tuition waiver is provided for children, stepchildren, spouses, and un-remarried widows & widowers. An approved tuition waiver means a student may attend any two-year, four-year or vocational technical schools that are operated and funded by the Kentucky Department of Education.
Private or out of state schools do not qualify for the Tuition Waiver.
You may qualify if one of the following is true of the veteran:
• Died on active duty.
• Died as a direct result of a service connected disability as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
• 100% service connected disabled.
• Totally disabled (non-service connected) with wartime service as deemed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense.
• Is deceased and lived in KY at time of death and served during a wartime period.
• Award from Social Security Administration is not acceptable.
Tuition Waiver requires that the veteran be a Kentucky resident. A deceased veteran must have been a Kentucky resident at the time of death. The applicant need not be a Kentucky resident.
Tuition Waiver Application
How to Apply
Appropriate Documentation to be attached to application:
• Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate or Tuition Waiver Affidavit of Household Membership (for stepchildren) to prove relationship to veteran
• DD214 or Discharge Certificate to prove eligibility of veteran
• Death Certificate (if veteran is deceased)
• Disability Award Letter from VA to prove veteran is 100% disabled or deemed totally disabled for pension by the VA.
• Kentucky Driver's License or Kentucky-issued identification.
• Please include all necessary documents when submitting your application for Tuition Benefits. Incomplete applications may result in long delays or possible denials.
For additional information please call us at (502) 564 - 9203 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please let us know if we can provide assistance.