Did You Know? Returning veterans may be at a higher risk of suicide.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' Suicide Hotline is there for all Men and Women Veterans
Recognize the Suicide Warning Signs
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug abuse, weapons, etc.
The presence of these signs requires immediate attention.
Don't wait. Call 1-800-273 TALK (8255) Immediately.
Additional Warning Signs
- Hopelessness, feeling like there's no way out
- Anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness, mood swings
- Feeling like there is no reason to live
- Rage or anger
- engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increasing alcohol or drug abuse
- Withdrawing from family and friends
Call if you experience any of these warning signs.
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Sexual Assault Programs
Kentucky has 13 programs to help victims of sexual assault throughout the Commonwealth.