Education for Veterans in Kentucky

ATTENTION:  Starting Monday, May 11, and until further notice, there is reduced access to Veterans Benefits Representatives due to COVID-19 requirements. Staff have been reassigned to help reduce the backlog of Unemployment Insurance Claims.  KDVA Benefits staff will still be returning calls and filing claims, but there may be delays and wait times.  We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Federal benefits are available to veterans who want to attend colleges and universities in Kentucky.
Contact information for the Veterans Benefits Field Representive in your county.  The VBFR can answer questions about your specific benefits under the GI Bill.
Campus Outreach to Kentucky Veterans 
Most Kentucky colleges and universities have special programs and staff to help veterans get financial assistance and other help in making the transition back to school.

Ask your school counselor about the veterans outreach program, or click on the links below:
Veterans Services at Morehead State University
Student Veterans of America

Student Veterans of America has chapters on 16 campuses in Kentucky.  Find the chapters here.

In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, this Department’s services, assistance, and activities are available to all without regard to race, color, or national origin.