Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Northeast is located on approximately 75 acres on East Park Drive off Highway 67 and Industrial Parkway off I-64 in Greenup County, approximately one half-mile north of U.S. Highway 64 at the Boyd, Carter and Greenup County border. It opened September 10, 2010 . As of May 31, 2013, it has interred 271 people, including 237 veterans, 34 dependents and 2 service members killed in action.
Memorial Rose Garden
Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Northeast
100 Veterans Memorial Drive
Greenup County, Kentucky 41143
Burial in a state veteran's cemetery is based on military service. The eligibility criteria is the same criteria for burial in VA national cemeteries. KDVA staff will direct requests for interment to staff at the cemetery where burial is sought.
Total interment services include:
- Furnishing grave or columbarium space
- Opening and closing the grave
- Providing the interment site with perpetual care
- Supplying a suitable marker or headstone
- Furnishing an optional concrete grave liner for all casketed burials