The mission of KDVA's Cemetery Branch is to ensure dignified interment for veterans in a sacred space that stands as a tribute to their service for the nation and the Commonwealth. KDVA currently operates four State Veterans Cemeteries and is planning a fifth state veterans cemetery in Leslie County (Southeastern Kentucky).
Interment in a state veteran's cemetery is based on military service. The eligibility criteria is the same criteria for burial in VA national cemeteries.
Total interment services include:
- Furnishing grave or columbarium space
- Opening and closing the grave
- Providing the interment site with perpetual care
- Supplying a suitable marker or headstone
- Furnishing an optional concrete grave liner for all casketed burials