Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central is located on 98 acres on Highway 31W south of Bullion Gate at Fort Knox. It opened on June 1, 2007. As of May 30, 2013, It has interred a total of 2,818, including 2,342 veterans, 472 dependents and four service members killed in action.
General Assembly Recognizes KVCC's 9/11 Memorial as First in Kentucky
Read the resolution.
See slideshow below.
Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central
2501 North Dixie Boulevard
Radcliff, KY 40160
Burial in a state veteran's cemetery is based on military service. The eligibility criteria is the same criteria for burial in VA national cemeteries.
Total interment services include:
- Furnishing grave or columbarium space
- Opening and closing the grave
- Providing the interment site with perpetual care
- Supplying a suitable marker or headstone
- Furnishing an optional concrete grave liner for all casketed burials
These are provided at no cost to the veteran.